Blog Fight!
Here is part of the blog fight I'm in. This is to me (what's in quotes is what I wrote previously. This moonbat won't leave my full post up on her site. She says it's too insulting).
AND MY RESPONSE:
-
- Anonymous said...
-
Rue--You still don't really get the whole issue. You may not like cameras on every corner of big cities and public libraries having to divulge the books Islamic fascists are checking out, and so on, but these kinds of activities will keep this country, and probably yours, safer from the Islamic fascists in this world. It's not really about whatever country--Iraq (which seems to have you especially vexed), Afghanistan, Iran, Saudia Arabia, etc. these people come from, it's about the fanatical Islamic religion that threaten Western values.
You can moan all you want about your freedoms being impinged on and US troops beating the shit out of Saddam--but it's absolutley the right thing to do for the future of our freedom. But, really, I suppose, what do you care about that? You have gladly given over your control over your own medical expenses to the government. I can pull up at least a thousand Canadian blogs that hate your system of medicine and any number of websites that objectively report on the Canadian med. system and what an abomination it is. It's just socialism. So I guess you are petrified of a free people excerising their strength against fascist regimes to remain free.
In the same vein, there are plenty of sites from Canada (dare I include yours) that whine and simper over the strength of the US and the relative weakness of their own country. Hell, the CBC hosts cry-fests regularly.
Also, unless you are a completely self-sufficient Luddite, you use fossil fuels daily. The crap you eat and the stuff you do to entertain yourself come over on BOATS and are delivered to your stores by TRUCKS. But, why waste any more time on that when you might be sitting in the middle of a caribou ranch, growing your own beets or whatever. (But I'm guessing, and that's okay considering what you've tried to guess about me.)
I don't feel deceived at all about why the US went to war in Iraq. Neither did 62 million other people here. Maybe you feel that way because you are easily duped? Just a thought.
You do have a lot in common with Communists though. You censor anything that doesn't adhere to your viewpoint and you are paranoid to a fault. I couldn't give a hog's snot about some German punk and his stupid graphic. If his "idealism" could be easily crushed by rhetoric (which is backed up by the way) then his beliefs aren't strongly held anyway. And isn't that okay? Aren't you allowed to change your mind when faced with heretofore unknown facts? Maybe not with Socialist/Communist types like yourself, but with free people it's the norm.
I double-dog dare you to leave my post up. I bet you won't. And for the record, you haven't insulted me at all--I'm at least two out of the three things that you've called me!

"You can't stop determined people from doing what they want all the time. Especially in a country as free as ours. But look at Britain--they were able to identify all of their terrorists by the cameras installed on the street corners."
You just answered the question. They found the bombers AFTER THE FACT. Before hand the extension of intellegence just promotes fear and suspicion.
"Canada isn't a global player anymore. That's not insulting. That's just a fact. Enough weaselly drivel has come from Canadian mouthes and media that the USA looks at you guys like the North American France."
It isn't fact, unless you don't really know what "global player" means. weaselly drivel? Lovely! More mud slinging Republican crap. It's a wonder you can stand the smell of your own breath with the kind of bullshit that comes out of it.
"Why can't you afford a car? And by the way, the KYOTO treaty is one of the worst pieces of eco-trash legislation yet put together."
Not that it is any of your business but I like to spend my money on other forms of entertainment that I am not too visually impaired to use. Lots of people can't afford cars in your country too. They don't get free health care though do they? Thanks for the spelling correction but the rest of your analysis of the treaty is obviously based on ignorance and the blind faith in your present administration.
Your insulting comments towards it is yet ANOTHER example of Republican mud slinging. Really Sir, You'd think you'd try to evolve beyond Chimpanzee tactics.
"Are you saying that the Taliban and Saddam are preferable to the governments in place in those two countries now? If you are, then you are not just visually impaired."
And yet MORE mud slinging. This is such a tired arguement. Firstly, Canadian troops helped bring down the Taliban In Afghanistan so there is no reason to bring that point up with me. Why debate why we wouldn't be there when we ARE there. That's a stupid question meant to goad me into a useless arguement so I will ignore it.
Saddam is an evil man by our standards and getting rid of him and attempting to develope a democracy may be a good thing for the Iraqi people if it's even possible. That isn't the main incentive for doing this. It isn't the whole truth yet it is being sold to the US people and the rest of the world as some holy crusade. That's what's wrong with the war that may never end now. Also the fact that that WASN'T the reason why the war was started in the first place yet we are all supposed to ignore that deception now.
"Anytime you put a graphic on a public site that shows a swastika in USA colors, you are asking for, at least in my case, a very lively debate."
Interesting enough I didn't create this graphic. I found it on an English written German site with the caption "Please don't let this happen again". Turns out the site was owned by a very young man. I won't give you the site name for fear of this young idealist's beliefs being crushed by your rhetoric. I don't call all these insulting comments a "lively debate" which is why I chose not to post all your comments. You seemed to enjoy countering my comments by insulting my opinions. I hope you're enjoying this. I think you're very amusing myself really...do you do standup? Maybe in a so called "Redneck" bar perhaps?