Constantine
Not the Greek kid that Sarah hangs out with sometimes. The movie.
I wrote a kick-ass review of Constantine last night and when I went to post it, Blogger.com went on some sort of scheduled maintenance hiatus and my incredibly riveting review disappeared.
So now you get the short version:
First scream: A third-world looking guy finds a spear point that was used to stab Christ while He was on the cross. The guy walks across the road
and gets hit by a truck.Constantine: This guy, played by Keanu Reeves, sees things as a kid, trys to commit suicide, goes to Hell for a couple of hours, then trys to earn his way back into Heaven by doing good deeds--like finding demons and sending them back to Hell when they try to invade the earthly realm we all live in. Constantine also smokes like 25 packs of cigarettes a day. Naturally, he has ash for lungs.
Constantine fights Satan, Jr. who is trying to take Hell over from his Dad. The angel Gabriel is in on the conspiracy. I won't tell you why but it's typical whacko stuff.
Some really good demon effects. And I think everyone can relate to the idea that there is evil in the world and that it has to be fought every friggin' day. Does Constantine save the earthly realm from Satan, Jr.'s hostile takeover? Does Gabriel get to keep her wings?
Three demons out of four for me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home