Sunday, July 31, 2005

Mullet


I bought some bait at Wal-Mart (NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION, it says on the package) and after dinner I thought I might walk down to Betz creek and throw a line in just to see.

I said to Dawn, "I'm going to throw a line in. Want to go?"

This is her: Can we invite my friend's kids to go? They are having such a tough time. Should we bring all the dogs or just a couple? Is Sarah invited? She hasn't had time to go to American Eagle and dress to go down to the creek. You know there might be some little redneck boy fishing down there too. Should we pack snacks? What about something to drink? What if it rains? You know there is a thunderstorm watch on TV. How long will we be gone? What about water for the dogs? What about snakes? You know Sarah doesn't have school shoes yet. Should we go after that? Or before?

"I'm just going to throw a line in."

Plenty of blue crabs. It was like feeding pigeons at the park. Minnie was with us. She liked chasing the fiddler crabs. The girls left with Minnie.

About ten minutes after they had walked back down the canal trail, the mullet hit my line. Pretty good fight too. Stuck him in the bucket. Brought it home thinking it would be something to eat. Not, according to the fish information I looked up. Good for bait though.

I'm might throw another line in today. Just to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home